Friday, January 24, 2014

Taco Soup




One of the projects that I am working on is my cookbook. Here is a recipe that will be in it. I cannot guarantee that I will not change something here and there when I am ready to publish, but this is pretty much the way I have been cooking this for years. 

Taco Soup

1 small can Rotel chunky dice tomatoes/green chilies
1 small can light red kidney beans
1 small can dice tomatoes in sauce (unless you are fortunate enough to have vine ripe tomatoes, then chopped up a good cup)
1 small can of corn
1 package of dried ranch dressing seasoning
2 packages of taco seasonings (your favorite, we prefer original flavor)
½ cup onion
½ cup green peppers or red or both
small package of ground beef
Crockpot (or big pot)


I usually eat bacon in the morning so I have a skillet of bacon grease to cook my beef in, if not, just a little of whatever oil you prefer is fine. 

Cook the beef (in bacon grease if you have it) with ONE package of taco seasoning and the onions and peppers until brown. While that is cooking, add all other ingredients to your crockpot or big pot. Give a couple of stirs. 

If you are not going to be there, cook on low for about 6 hours, or cook on high for 3 in the crockpot. (I have cooked this on high for 8 hours and it has been fine) If cooking on the stove, a good hour is usually enough on medium heat since the meat is already cooked. We usually serve this over corn chips and top with cheese, and if on hand, green onions.


If you do not like yours chunky like we do, add at least a cup of water while cooking. Hope you enjoy. It's so easy, and so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment